• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Do you offer discounts to military, fire, police?

Carlos Gonzales

Just curious if anyone out there offers a discount to any customer that either served in the military or is currently a police officer or a fireman?

If so, how does this work for you?

Ken Fenner

I don't give discounts to civil servants. I don't really come across any in my demographic but if I did, they wouldn't get special treatment. That is their career choice. This may not make me a popular guy but they are doing their job and they are paid for it. I have two publicly know discount levels. No discount or completely free. The latter is for churches/charities and some select family members.

LOL. Not the first answer you were looking for Los, I'm sure. :rofl:

Carlos Gonzales

I don't give discounts to civil servants. I don't really come across any in my demographic but if I did, they wouldn't get special treatment. That is their career choice. This may not make me a popular guy but they are doing their job and they are paid for it. I have two publicly know discount levels. No discount or completely free. The latter is for churches/charities and some select family members.

LOL. Not the first answer you were looking for Los, I'm sure. :rofl:

I should say not...LOL

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
About 25% of my area are active military. Who knows how many are retired military. Lots of them stayed here after getting out. I wasn't popular when I brought this up on another board.

1. You need to make a certain amount every year to make your numbers to survive and grow.
2. With #1 if 50% of my area is military or former military then I would have to make up the discounts on the other 50% which means I would be over charging 50% of the people to make up the difference.
3. My services are a luxury not a necessity. No one is going to die if I don't clean the roof or wash the driveway etc.

I don't give a discount for this reason. My prices are reasonable and affordable. The military members that I know make some darn good money. Well over the average income.

Now I am looking for other ways to give back that will help more than just the one individual like clean the VFW hall or something that will be good for many.

Jim Cooney

Absolutely. 25% off to any active or combat Veteran, VFW or American Legion member, and any Law Enforcement/Fire/Emergency response employee.

Lou Zehnder

No....Being both prior service and a paid fireman I accepted to take the positions...

If I can tell a senior is on a fixed income I will give them a break. I don't advertise it however.

Guy Blackmon

Absolutely!!! Fayetteville N.C. is the home of FT.Bragg, the 82nd Airborne and our main service area.

Our Service Men and Women made up 70% of our residential customer base this year.

A discount for these brave folks is the least we can do to say "Thank You" for protecting a freedom we enjoy, and sometimes take for granted, Think About It!!!

God Bless Our Troops!!!!!!!:clap:

Kevin Palladino

Contributing Member
I registered my business as a Veteran Owned and therefore give Military and Senior discounts of 10% or $25.00. This works out well because if you think of all the members of the American Legions, VFW, etc thats a lot of people who will network your company.

Though I respect the forces ( My brother graduated from West Point with honors) I do not give any discounts because you once served.

This is also because we only clean Commercial Parking Structures and do not do residential.

Douglas Hicks

Why not give the peanut vendor at the park a discount also? Cops and firemen chose a career path that compensates them very well. Some FD think I should work for them for free. I will when they work for free! I know what firefighters do for a living and it can be tough, but it is a choice. Since Sept 11, I have seen people assume all firemen & cops are heros. The service has suffered as a result by attracting flakes, especially in the volunteer and paid-on-call ranks.

I do give the Salvation Army a discount on labor only, no one else.

Hugo Hugasian

Just curious if anyone out there offers a discount to any customer that either served in the military or is currently a police officer or a fireman?

If so, how does this work for you?

I do.. 100%. I know that someone before me said that they do not and that being a civil servant is a choice. That person is correct but, putting your life on the line so that the general population can walk around safe or knowing that your home and family will be rescued God forbid a fire takes place deserves some sort of break. If that means me offering a 10% Discount which would equate to around $50-100, then I know that I did my part in saying Thank You for doing a very dangerous job. This is just my opinion.

Hugo Hugasian

Absolutely

I wish more people had your outlook. This country has forgotten how truly difficult it is to serve this country or to be a Police Officer. I can tell you that Ive done both for many years.. Thank you for offering a discount. I do the same. Its the least that I can do for the men and woman who keep us safe..