• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

So confused about chemicals

Keith Rowe

[h=2]So confused about chemicals[/h]
Howdy from Texas yaw... I'm new this business. Long story short I purchased a high pressure rig to help a young man get into business. I'm fighting over a couple of things... exactly what chemicals do I need to stock and d i need to invest in a low pressure or a softwash system? Here is the list I have compiled as far as chemicals... Barc F9, F9 efflow, wd-25, EBC, Dragon Juice, 10-15% Sodium hypochlorite ( bleach ). Are there other chemicals that can be purchased that have oxalic acid for removing rust? What makes the Dragon Juice so expensive? What is the best soap? Do i need roof snot... seems like a lot of products, just trying to narrow down what I really need to cover most residential jobs. I want to do roofs once i figure all of this out.
Thank you
Keith Rowe
AmeriClean Pressure Washing
Houston, Texas
713-305-2100
americleanpw@gmail.com

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Keith as explained at my school this is what I keep on hand...other than Bleach

Roof Snot, Dragon Juice, Red Raider, F9 Barc and Efflo, Worlds Best Graffiti Products. Thats pretty much all we keep in stock...anything else is ordered on an as needed per job basis.

If you are going to do roofs you will need a dedicated pump system. Like either a Air Diapragm or 12V system a shown here at the school.

Carlos Gonzales

Howdy from Texas yaw... I'm new this business. Long story short I purchased a high pressure rig to help a young man get into business. I'm fighting over a couple of things... exactly what chemicals do I need to stock and d i need to invest in a low pressure or a softwash system? Here is the list I have compiled as far as chemicals... Barc F9, F9 efflow, wd-25, EBC, Dragon Juice, 10-15% Sodium hypochlorite ( bleach ). Are there other chemicals that can be purchased that have oxalic acid for removing rust? What makes the Dragon Juice so expensive? What is the best soap? Do i need roof snot... seems like a lot of products, just trying to narrow down what I really need to cover most residential jobs. I want to do roofs once i figure all of this out.
Thank you
Keith Rowe
Houston, Texas
713-305-2100
americleanpw@gmail.com

Contractors have had terrific success with EBC over the last 4+ years. A must have for not only your flatwork jobs but EBC is also heavily used on building and house washes. Distributors located nationwide. Feel free to peek at the EBC FB page for just tons of of pics, videos and testimonies of what EBC has been doing and continues to do today regarding performance.

Click Here for EBC Info

Keith as explained at my school this is what I keep on hand...other than Bleach

Roof Snot, Dragon Juice, Red Raider, F9 Barc and Efflo, Worlds Best Graffiti Products. Thats pretty much all we keep in stock...anything else is ordered on an as needed per job basis.

If you are going to do roofs you will need a dedicated pump system. Like either a Air Diapragm or 12V system a shown here at the school.

I am also new! I am getting a trailer built in a couple of weeks. My question is, Why do you have to have a dedicated pump for roof wash? I thought the main thing is chemical ratio? Am I wrong?

Carlos Gonzales

Thank you. Question. Do you mix the EBC with any other chemical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Keith

Obviously I have not visited this forum much.

Yes...you can mix it with Bleach but beyond that it is a stand along cleaner...meaning you don't need to add anything. Greasers sometimes will add "potash" when doing hoods with ebc sometimes.

Sorry about the delayed response

John Aloisio

Contributing Member
Stephen,

You need the roof pump because you cannot mix you chems strong enough by downstreaming for the ratio needed to clean most roofs. House washes and other light mixes, yes, but roof washing no.

Connor Thornton

Are those chemicals mentioned environment safe. Honestly I know what that means but does it have to say eco friendly on the packaging I service Jacksonville and alot of my clients ask me....I just tell them I wont spray there plants and I've never had a problem. It never seems to be a deal breaker but it could be one day.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Are those chemicals mentioned environment safe. Honestly I know what that means but does it have to say eco friendly on the packaging I service Jacksonville and alot of my clients ask me....I just tell them I wont spray there plants and I've never had a problem. It never seems to be a deal breaker but it could be one day.

We have events they teach plant protection. Doug or Patrick can help you

Sent from my iPhone using UAMCC mobile app

Melissa Montero

Hi Connor,

I provide same day wash and seal products to my power washers that are Plants, Pets and People Safe. Please feel free to call with any questions. I also conduct complimentary training webinars to equip you with success...

Attachments

• Tradesmen.PowerWasher.05 (2).pdf
    3 MB · Views: 52

Michael Hammons

Thank you
Keith Rowe
Houston, Texas
713-305-2100
americleanpw@gmail.com

That section of study from Doug on plant safety and how to explain it to customers, I'm betting is a practical course or thing to study. I'm still new, and I did lose 1 customer in my first month due to not giving a good explanation of this to a customer. Although I do practice plant safety, pre-rinse, mid-rinse, and finish-rinse, and now my average mix is down to 2 gal 12% per 5 gal total mix, down streaming with a Hi-draw, and no problems so far. You still should be able to communicate this to a customer and I wasn't prepared for it.

Also, I'd like to add, Keith, I don't think I've seen anyone post it, but have you already sourced your bleach? Make sure you price shop, because here in Houston, you got it made with bleach. But watch out. Go to a pool store and they will start your account at almost $5.00 a gallon. But shop around, it can be had in Houston all day for $1.80 or less per gallon for 12+%.