• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Usdot numbers - do you need one?

Doug Tripp

Well I got the dreaded call from DOT today, audit time. Scheduled for 11/11/09, I don't think he realized it was Veterans Day though.

Matt you ready?

Safeclean

Jim, from what they said its about a 3 hour "education", mostly having the paperwork in order. I'll let you know afterwords

Doug
Have you ever been DOT inspected by any of your local cops.I go through your area all the time and there was a period of time about a year or so ago when the Warwick PD,especially one cop who got DOT certified,literally waged war on all commercial trucks,he was chasing them down and doing roadside inspections all day long.he chased me down 3 times like he was chasing a bank robber! He measured my mud flaps on my trailer and said they were 3" too short,and gave me a ticket that I had to show up at municipal court for.I was told by a local business owner that business owners in the area complained to the police chief at a town meeting that they were having a hard time having contractors come to your area because they didn't want to get hassled and handed a bunch of tickets.I was talking to a landscaper there who he gave 8 tickets to and put him out of service! I still go through there and have seen him go by me and he has not pulled me over,or any trucks that I seen going by.The powers that be must have calmed him down,because every guy with a commercial truck I talked to around there had his own story about that particular cop.I have had my CDL A license since they came out and had my articulated license before that and have been inspected more times than I can count since 1986 and always have a log book,up to date medical card and keep the truck and trailer up to par,but he was one of the most aggressive DOT cops I ever dealt with.

Doug Tripp

Safeclean, sorry I did not see your post till today.

Anyway, audit was a lot of paperwork like any thing the gov does. when he came in he pulled out a stack about 2" thick, I now 1" to take care of and reference material.

Q's are broken down into categories, : General - 6, Driver -22, Operations-19, Maintence - 7, Haz Mat - 19, Other -6, A lot of the Q's are n/a for me , but might apply to others because I am sole driver with only 1 vehicle.

Out of all the Q's, I failed 7. Still passed the audit. He said the audit rules are changing in 2 weeks and will be much more diffilcult to pass.

Anyone have questions feel free.

Matt sent you a PM

Doug Tripp

Tom,
Robert Montgomery with Ny DOT, I'd reschedule ASAP because it's going to get harder,,new rules coming up shortly, either the 14th or 17th he said.

welder

New York is getting harder and harder to do business in. Let me re phrase it, more expensive to do business in.

Doug
Have you ever been DOT inspected by any of your local cops.I go through your area all the time and there was a period of time about a year or so ago when the Warwick PD,especially one cop who got DOT certified,literally waged war on all commercial trucks,he was chasing them down and doing roadside inspections all day long.he chased me down 3 times like he was chasing a bank robber! He measured my mud flaps on my trailer and said they were 3" too short,and gave me a ticket that I had to show up at municipal court for.I was told by a local business owner that business owners in the area complained to the police chief at a town meeting that they were having a hard time having contractors come to your area because they didn't want to get hassled and handed a bunch of tickets.I was talking to a landscaper there who he gave 8 tickets to and put him out of service! I still go through there and have seen him go by me and he has not pulled me over,or any trucks that I seen going by.The powers that be must have calmed him down,because every guy with a commercial truck I talked to around there had his own story about that particular cop.I have had my CDL A license since they came out and had my articulated license before that and have been inspected more times than I can count since 1986 and always have a log book,up to date medical card and keep the truck and trailer up to par,but he was one of the most aggressive DOT cops I ever dealt with.

Here in California it is the ones with the Truck with camper. They are the ones you really need to look out for.

Anyway, I am glad that I have not run into anything like that.

Sorry to hear that.

Randy Borio

We have one and were just notified this year by the DOT that we no longer need it. Some states do require them. I also was just told by a vendor that the E350 has to go over the scale. He got pulled over in his 3500 series Chevy and DOT inspected so I need to make some phone calls.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2